Gag Family Resources in New Ulm, MN
- Brown County Historical Society: Historical research, art, and artifacts by the Gag family
- City of New Ulm Collection: 59 Works of Art by Wanda Gag
- Cathedral of the Holy Trinity: decorated and painted by Anton Gag, Chris Heller, and Alexander Schwendinger
- August Schell Brewery Museum: oil painting and dollhouse painted by Anton Gag, fountain designed by Anton Gag.
The City of New Ulm Gág Collection is made up of 59 lithographs, paintings, and drawings that Wanda donated to the local chapter of the American Association of University Women. The collection was later given to the City of New Ulm and a number of the prints were on display in the old New Ulm Public Library for many years. The pictures are now stored in the Brown County Historical Museum. The city, working with the Brown County Historical Museum, had the pictures cleaned, restored and matted.
The museum’s collection includes over 2000, lithographs, paintings, drawings, memorabilia, and artifacts by the Gag family. Amongst their artifacts is the pot bellied stove from Wanda’s New Jersey studio, All Creation.
Area Literary Legends
New Ulm, MN Attractions
New Ulm features many area attractions! Visit some of the great gems in our area!
- New Ulm Chamber
- Brown County Historical Society Museum
- Doppelichen Vineyards
- Governor Lind House
- German Bohemian Heritage Society
- Harkin Store
- Hermann Monument
- Kiesling House
- Minnesota Music Hall of Fame
- Morgan Creek Vineyards
- Regional River History and Information Center
- Schell’s Brewery
- Turner Hall